Zimbabwe Tour of Afghanistan 2022 Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

Jun 12, 2022

Spread the love
Afghanistan had proved that they are a better side than Zimbabwe in every format of cricket. They had a clean sweep in the ODI series and also had won the first T20 match with a handsome margin of six wickets. On the other hand, Zimbabwe had failed to give the best performance in this home series against Afghanistan. They had the final chance to save the T20 series after losing the ODI series but for that, they have to win this match at any cost. ZIMBABWE REVIEWS The batting order of Zimbabwe was good in the first T20 match but not very impressive as they could manage to score 159 runs in 20 overs. Madhevere and Innocent Kaia opened the batting innings but they could not provide a good start as their first wicket fell on a total of just 12 runs. Craig Ervine, Chakabva, Milton Shumba, Sikandar Raza, and Ryan Burl are the key batters of Zimbabwe. Sikandar Raza is an experienced batter in the T20 format and he was the highest run-scorer in the previous match with 45 runs to his name on 31 balls with the help of three boundaries and two huge sixes. Madhevere was the other batter who put some runs on the board. He scored 32 runs while Chakabva could manage to score just 29 runs. Innocent Kaia scored only six runs while Craig Ervine had nine runs to his name. The bowling department of Zimbabwe failed in the first match. They leaked the target of 160 runs in 19.2 overs. Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani, Luke Jongwe, Ainsley Ndlovu, Sikandar Raza, and Ryan Burl are the leading bowlers of Zimbabwe. Ryan Burl was the most successful bowler in the previous match who picked three wickets in four overs against just 14 runs. Luke Jongwe was the other bowler who had a wicket to his name. Sikandar Raza, Ainsley Ndlovu, Blessing Muzarabani, and Tendai Chatara were the bowlers who could not manage to pick any wicket. AFGHANISTAN REVIEWS The Afghanistan team is playing the best cricket these days and has been just superb in this tour of Zimbabwe. The bowling department of Afghanistan was just good in the first T20 match. Fazalhaq Farooqi, Nijat Masood, Mohammad Nabi, Azmatullah, Rashid Khan, and Karim Janat are the key bowlers of Afghanistan and they were outstanding in the first match. Nijat Masood was the most successful bowler in the first match with three wickets to his name in four overs but he leaked a lot of runs. He was charged for 39 runs in four overs. Fazalhaq Farooqi, Rashid Khan, and Mohammad Nabi picked one wicket each. Azmatullah and Karim Janat were the bowlers who could not manage to pick any wicket. The batting department of Afghanistan also performed well and chased the target of 160 runs in 19.2 overs. Almost all batters from their side put some runs on the board. Hazratullah Zazai was the highest run-scorer in the first match with 45 runs to his name. He faced 26 balls and smashed eight boundaries during his inning. Najibullah Zadran was also good with the bat in the previous match. He remained not out after scoring 44 runs on 25 balls with the help of two boundaries and three huge sixes. ZIMBABWE VS AFGHANISTAN MATCH DETAILS: Match: Zimbabwe vs Afghanistan, 2nd T20I, Zimbabwe tour of Afghanistan, 2022 Date and Time: June 12, 2022, Sunday, 04:30 PM IST Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare AFGHANISTAN T20 HISTORY AND STATS Afghanistan had played a total of 92 T20 matches so far. They won 62 matches while other teams won 30 matches ZIMBABWE T20 HISTORY AND STATS Zimbabwe had played 102 T20 International matches right now with just 28 wins to their name while they had lost 74 matches. ZIMBABWE VS AFGHANISTAN T20 HISTORY AND STATS Zimbabwe had played 13 T20 matches against Afghanistan where they won just one match while Afghanistan had won 12 matches. TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss is going to play an important role in the decision of every match of this series. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to bat first. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The 2nd T20 match between Zimbabwe and Afghanistan is going to be played at the Harare Sports Club, Harare. The pitch at this stadium is excellent for batting. The boundaries at this venue are short and will bring the spinners into play. The pitch will continue to be good for batting throughout the match. WEATHER REPORT FOR THIS MATCH The weather forecast in Harare on match day is not very good. There are some chances of rain but that is possible that we may have an interrupted match. ZIMBABWE VS AFGHANISTAN IS PROBABLE XIS ZIMBABWE Sikandar Raza top-scored with 45 as Zimbabwe posted 159 on the board in the first T20I, losing eight wickets. Ryan Burl bowled brilliantly and picked up three wickets but they failed as a unit. PROBABLE XI Wesley Madhevere, Innocent Kaia, Craig Ervine (c), Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Regis Chakabva (wk), Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Ainsley Ndlovu, Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani AFGHANISTAN Nijat Masood started with the ball on his T20I debut as he picked up three wickets to restrict Zimbabwe to 159 in their 20 overs. Contributions from Hazratullah Zazai (45 off 26 balls) and Najibullah Zadran (44* off 25 balls) helped them chase down the total in the last over. PROBABLE XI Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Hazratullah Zazai, Usman Ghani, Darwish Rasooli, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi (c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Nijat Masood FAVORITE TEAM IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION According to our match prediction, Afghanistan is the favorite team to win this match. Many factors make Afghanistan a favorite team in this match, Some of the key factors are mentioned below: • Afghanistan had won the first T20 match with a handsome margin • Zimbabwe has the advantages of home ground and conditions • Rahmat, Shahidi, and Mohammad Nabi are in good form for Afghanistan • Afghanistan has a lot of depth in the batting lineup • The bowling unit of Afghanistan is much stronger than in Zimbabwe • Afghanistan also had a strong bowling unit and batting order which is in excellent form WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH SIDES Afghanistan has a strong batting order and bowling unit as compared to Zimbabwe, so the winning chances of Zimbabwe for today’s match have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under. Afghanistan has a 60% chance to win this match. Zimbabwe has a 40% chance to win this match.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter