West Indies Tour of Pakistan 2022 Pakistan vs West Indies Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

Jun 12, 2022

Spread the love
Pakistan had won the ODI series earlier as they had won both ODI matches played and now have a golden chance to have a clean sweep as they did in the T20 series. They won the second ODI match with a handsome margin of 120 runs even though they were not good with the bat. West did well in the first inning but their batting order almost collapsed which was a key reason behind their loss. We are sure that Pakistan will try hard to win this match. PAKISTAN REVIEWS The batting order of Pakistan was good in the previous match till the 40th over but their middle and lower batting order could not contribute. They managed to score 275 runs in 50 overs. Fakhar Zaman once again failed to get his form back and could not put some big runs on the board. Babar Azam is in superb form these days and he scored 77 runs in the previous match after smashing a century in the first match. Imam ul Haq was once again good in the previous match. He scored 72 runs on the same balls with the help of six boundaries. He scored a second consecutive half-century. Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Haris, and Mohammad Nawaz could not put some big runs on the board. Shadab Khan and Khushdil Shan were good in the previous match and scored 22 runs each. Shaheen Afridi smashed the innings of 15 runs on just six balls. Pakistan won the previous match due to the best performance by the performance of their bowling department. They defended the target of 276 runs and sent the full team of West Indies back to the pavilion in 32.2 overs on a total of just 155 runs. Mohammad Wasim Jr, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, and Shadab Khan are leading the bowling department of Pakistan. Mohammad Nawaz was just outstanding with the ball as he picked four wickets in ten overs against just 19 runs. Mohammad Wasim Jr was given a chance in the previous match in place of Hasan Ali and he proved his selection right. He picked three wickets in 4.2 overs while he was charged for 34 runs. Shadab Khan picked two wickets while Shaheen Afridi had one wicket to his name. We are sure that Pakistan will make some key changes in the squad for this match and they will give a chance to the bench strength. WEST INDIES REVIEWS West Indies is a strong and experienced team but they had failed to prove it in this tour of Pakistan. They had lost the both ODI matches played earlier and also the series. They still have a chance to avoid the whitewash and they have to win this match. The bowling department of West Indies was not impressive in the previous match where they leaked 275 runs in the inning of 50 overs. Alzarri Joseph, K Mayers, Anderson Phillip, Romario Shepherd, Rovman Powell, Hayden Walsh, and Akeal Hosein are the leading bowlers of the West Indies. Akela Hosein was the most successful bowler in the previous match who picked three wickets in 10 overs while he was charged for 52 runs. Anderson Phillip and Alzarri Joseph picked two wickets each in the previous match. Hayden Walsh, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, and K Mayers were the bowlers who could not manage to pick any wicket. The batting order of the West Indies almost collapsed in the second match. They managed to score just 155 runs and their full team came back to the pavilion in 32.2 overs. Shai Hope and Kyle Mayers are opening the batting inning for West Indies while Shamarh Brooks, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran, Rovman Powell, and Akeal Hosein are handling the middle and lower batting order. Shamarh Brooks was the highest run-scorer with 42 runs to his name with the help of four boundaries and one huge six. Kyle Mayers scored 33 runs while Nicholas Pooran had 25 runs to his name. PAKISTAN VS WEST INDIES MATCH DETAILS: Match: Pakistan vs West Indies, 3rd ODI, West Indies tour of Pakistan, 2022 Date and Time: June 12th, 2022, Sunday, 04:30 PM IST Venue: Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan PAKISTAN ODI HISTORY AND STATS Pakistan had played a total of 941 ODI matches with 496 wins to their name. They had lost 419 matches while their 20 matches ended with no result and eight matches were tied. WEST INDIES ODI HISTORY AND STATS West Indies had played 843 One Day Internationals. They had won 409 matches and lost 395 matches. Their 30 matches ended with no results and 10 matches were tied. PAKISTAN VS WEST INDIES ODI HISTORY AND STATS Pakistan had faced West Indies in 136 ODI matches where they won 62 while West Indies won 71 matches. Three matches between these two teams were tied. TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss can play an important role in the decision of this match. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to bat first. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The 3rd ODI match between Pakistan and West Indies is going to be played at Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan. The pitch at this stadium is excellent for batting. The boundaries at this venue are short and will bring the spinners into play. The pitch will continue to be good for batting throughout the match. WEATHER REPORT FOR THIS MATCH The weather forecast in Multan on match day is good. There are almost no chances of rain and we should have a full match. PROBABLE PLAYING XI FOR PAKISTAN AND WEST INDIES PAKISTAN Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Haris, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Shaheen Afridi WEST INDIES Shai Hope (wk), Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran (c), Nkrumah Bonner, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Anderson Phillip, Hayden Walsh PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS PROBABLY THE BEST BATTER OF THE MATCH IMAM-UL-HAQ Playing at his home ground, Imam has been amongst the runs and he would want to cap off the series with a big knock. He got run out in the second ODI and looked frustrated. Imam has been consistent for some period, as he also scored well against Australia in the previous series. PROBABLY THE BEST BOWLER OF THE MATCH AKELA HOSEIN Spinner Akeal Hosein is expected to play a crucial part as the pitch is assisting the spinners. He has scalped four wickets in two matches and is currently placed third for most wickets in the series. The left-arm spinner sticks to a tight line and length and will want to do good in the final match of the series. FAVORITE TEAM IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION As per our cricket match prediction, Pakistan is the favorite team to win this match. The reasons why Pakistan is a favorite team in this match, are mentioned below:
  • Imam ul Haq, Babar Azam, and Mohammad Rizwan are in good form
  • Pakistan had won the ODI series already
  • The bowling unit of Pakistan is in superb form
  • Pakistan has a strong batting order on the side
  • Pakistan is a well-experienced side as compared to West Indies
  • The bowling unit of West Indies is much stronger than Pakistan
  • Pakistan also has the advantages of home ground and conditions
WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH SIDES Pakistan has a strong batting order and bowling unit as compared to West Indies, so the winning chances of Pakistan for today’s match have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under. Pakistan has a 60% chance to win this match. West Indies has a 40% chance to win this match.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter