The Big Bash League 2021-22 Tournament Edition Melbourne Derby : Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades Match Details, Team News, Probable Playing XIs and the Match Prediction

Jan 3, 2022

Spread the love
It’s time for the Melbourne Derby. The Melbourne Stars will square off against the Melbourne Renegades in the 33rd match of the Big Bash League 2021. The iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground will host this encounter. The Stars have played seven games so far and have 10 points to their name. They have won three and lost four.They suffered a heavy loss against the Perth Scorchers in their previous game. Batting first, the Scorchers posted 180 on the board, losing eight wickets. The Stars openers gave them a solid start but a lack of contribution from their other batters resulted in them getting knocked over for 130. They need to be on their toes in their next clash against the Renegades. The Renegades, on the other hand, are languishing at the bottom of the table. They have managed to win only a single game out of seven and lost five. Their last game against the Sixers was washed out due to rain. Before the Sixers game, they lost to the Hobart Hurricanes. After being asked to bat first, the Hurricanes scored 206 in their 20 overs. The Renegades faltered in the chase as they were bundled out on 121, losing the game by 85 runs. They need to be at their absolute best to get a win under their belt. MELBOURNE STARS REVIEW The Melbourne Stars lost their recent match against the Perth Scorchers by a huge margin of 50 runs. He lost the toss and was asked to field first. The performance of his bowling unit was very poor. He scored 180 runs in his 20 overs innings. Qaisar Ahmed was the most successful bowler for him who took two wickets in his four overs for 26 runs. Harris Rauf also took two wickets but he scored a lot of runs. He was charged with 40 runs in four overs. Tom O’Connell and Brody Couch took one wicket each, while Xavier Crowe and captain Glenn Maxwell were the bowlers who failed to take a wicket. The batting order of the Melbourne Stars is strong and experienced and they have batsmen like Glenn Maxwell, Tom Rogers and Joe Clarke but they failed to chase the target of 181 runs and scored 130 runs. His entire team returned to the pavilion in 18.5 overs. Joe Clarke was the most successful and highest run scorer by him who scored 52 off 32 balls with the help of nine fours and a six. Tom Rogers faced 32 balls and scored 32 runs and hit four fours and a big six during his innings. REVIEWS OF THE MELBOURNE RENEGADES The Melbourne Renegades’ latest match against the Sydney Sixers was canceled with a toss due to rain. Earlier, they lost their most recent match against the Hobart Hurricanes by a huge margin of 85 runs. He won the toss and elected to field first. His bowling unit almost failed to deliver the best performance and scored 206 runs in their 20 overs innings. Race Topley was the only successful and highest wicket-taker to take three wickets for just 17 runs in his four overs. Jack Priest Wage and Captain Madison took one wicket each. Muhammad Nabi, Ken Richardson, Zaheer Khan and James Pattinson were the bowlers who failed to take any wickets. The Melbourne Renegades batting order failed miserably. He failed to chase the target of 207 runs and scored only 121 runs. His entire team was dismissed in 15.5 overs. Sam Harper was the only successful batsman to score 57 runs. He faced 35 balls and hit four fours and three big sixes. Jack Fraser scored 21 runs. MELBOURNE STARS VS MELBOURNE RENEGADES MATCH DETAILS: Match: Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades, Match 33, Big Bash League 2021 Date and Time: January 3rd 2021, Monday, 01:45 PM IST Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne MELBOURNE STARS VS MELBOURNE RENEGADES PITCH REPORT The pitch at Melbourne Cricket Ground is good for batting. The batters enjoy batting on this surface as the ball comes nicely onto the bat. Fans can expect a high-scoring game on Monday as the surface is expected to stay true throughout the course of the match. MELBOURNE STARS VS MELBOURNE RENEGADES TODAY MATCH WEATHER FORECAST: Weather of Melbourne will be sunny. Temperature will range between 7 to 26 degrees Celsius. The sky will be clear. There is no chance of rain forecast. Others details regarding weather are listed below: Maximum temperature: 20°c Minimum temperature: 15°c Rain: 0% Cloud: 21% Humidity 46% Wind speed: 25 km/h. TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss will play a key role in deciding all of the Big Bash League matches. Having a good total on board is always a big advantage in big matches like this. According to our toss predictions, the team that wins the toss can choose to bat first. VENUE DETAILS AND STATS: Location: East Melbourne State: Victoria Country: Australia Establish: 1853 Capacity: 100,024 Owner: Govt. of Victoria Operator: Melbourne Cricket Club Home Teams: Melbourne Stars (Men & Women), Victoria cricket team Ends Name: Members End, Great Southern Stand End Time Zone: UTC +11:00 WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY MATCH: Our predict to winning chances of today match is mentioned as under: Melbourne Stars has a 52% chance to win this match Melbourne Renegades has a 48% chances to win this match MELBOURNE STARS VS MELBOURNE RENEGADES PROBABLE XIS MELBOURNE STARS Haris Rauf and Qais Ahmad picked up two wickets each but the Scorchers posted a huge 180 on the board. Joe Clarke at the top of the order scored a fifty but the other batters failed to contribute as they were bundled out on 130. PROBABLE XI:
  • Joe Clarke (wk)
  • Tom Rogers
  • Charlie Wakim
  • Glenn Maxwell (c)
  • Hilton Cartwright
  • Justin Avendano
  • Tom O Connell
  • Qais Ahmad
  • Xavier Crone
  • Brody Couch
  • Haris Rauf
MELBOURNE RENEGADES The Renegades’ previous fixture against the Sixers was washed out due to rain. They suffered a heavy loss against the Hurricanes before that. The Renegades are struggling in the competition and need to be on their toes to turn the tables around. PROBABLE XI:
  • Mackenzie Harvey
  • Sam Harper (wk)
  • Aaron Finch
  • James Seymour
  • Jake Fraser
  • Mohammad Nabi
  • Jack Prestwidge
  • Will Sutherland
  • Kane Richardson (c)
  • Reece Topley
  • Zahir Khan
MELBOURNE STARS VS MELBOURNE RENEGADES HEAD-TO-HEAD OVERALL Matches – 20, Melbourne Stars – 14, Melbourne Renegades – 6, N/R- 0 AT THE MCG Matches – 10, Melbourne Stars – 7, Melbourne Renegades – 3, N/R- 0 PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS HILTON CARTWRIGHT- MELBOURNE STARS Hilton Cartwright has pretty much been the standout batter for the Stars in the tournament. The right-hander has scored 215 runs from seven matches at an average of 35.83 and a strike rate of 149.30. Having scored one half-century with a top-score of 79, Cartwright has looked in pretty good rhythm. The Renegades’ bowlers need to be on their toes while bowling to him. QAIS AHMAD – MELBOURNE STARS Qais Ahmad has prior experience of playing in the BBL and he hasn’t flattered to deceive for the Stars this season. The Afghanistan tweaker has picked up eight wickets from six matches at an economy rate of 7.36. If he finds his rhythm, the Renegades’ batters could find themselves in a lot of trouble. Ahmad has also bowled one maiden in the tournament. MELBOURNE STARS VS MELBOURNE RENEGADES MATCH PREDICTION The iconic MCG will host the Melbourne Derby. Both sides are struggling in the competition and will look to gain some momentum. Both sides have exciting players on their side and it promises to be a cracker of a contest on Monday. Melbourne Stars look a well-settled unit and expect them to come out on top on Monday. PREDICTION: MELBOURNE STARS TO WIN THIS ENCOUNTER.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter