IPL 2022 Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

Apr 2, 2022

Spread the love
Mumbai Indians had kept their tradition of losing the first match of IPL alive in IPL 2022 and had lost the opening match. MI is known as a slow starter and they get the momentum after two or three matches. Rajasthan Royals had won their opening match against Sunrisers Hyderabad with a handsome margin of 61 runs and will be full of confidence. Both teams are almost equal in strength and this match will be very interesting. MUMBAI INDIANS REVIEWS Mumbai Indians have good news right before the start of this match as their leading batter, Suryakumar Yadav will be available for this match. Suryakumar Yadav had been good in the previous matches he had played and he is a dependable batter for MI. He will surely fill the gap that we observed in their first match in the middle order. The start of Mumbai was good against Delhi Capitals but after losing the opening batter, Rohit Sharma, their momentum was broken. Ishan Kishan took the charge at the one end but they kept losing wickets on the other end. Tilak Verma and Anmolpreet Singh were available in the middle overs but we saw a lack of experience. The addition of Suryakumar Yadav will make the batting order of Mumbai very strong, especially in the middle overs. Ishan Kishan was outstanding with the bat and scored 81 runs at the strike rate of 168 with the help of eleven boundaries and two huge sixes. The bowling department of Mumbai is not strong as they were in the previous edition. Defending the target of 178 runs was easier on Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai but could not. Basil Thampi proved the highest wicket-taker from their side. He picked three wickets in his four overs bowled out against 35 runs. Murugan Ashwin picked two while Tymal Mills had one wicket to his name. The first match of MI was not good for Jasprit Bumrah as he failed to pick any wicket and also leaked plenty of runs. RAJASTHAN ROYALS REVIEWS Rajasthan Royals had a kick and impressive start to this edition of IPL by winning their opening match against Sunrisers Hyderabad. The way how the batting order of RR performed was just outstanding. They scored a total of 210 runs in their inning of 20 overs. Almost all batters from their side put some runs on the board. Sanju Samson was the highest run-scorer from their side with 55 runs to his name. Padikkal scored 25 runs while the opening batter, Jos Buttler could manage to score 35 runs. Shimron Hetmyer scored 32 runs on just 13 balls. He smashed two boundaries and three huge sixes during his inning. The bowling department of Delhi Capitals also performed well and defended the target of 211 runs. They leaked 149 runs in their 20 over an inning. Yuzvendra Chahal was the most successful and highest wicket-taker with three wickets to his name. He bowled out four overs and leaked just 22 runs. Prasidh Krishna and Trent Boult picked two wickets each. PREVIEW MATCH DETAILS Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals, Match 7, IPL 2022 Venue: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai Date & Time: April 2nd, 3:30 PM TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss is going to play an important in the result of every match of IPL T20 as we had observed in the previous editions. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss will elect to field first as defending had been difficult in the most recent matches of IPL. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The 9th match of IPL T20, 2022 is going to be held at the Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai. We had observed in the previous matches played here that the pitch here at this venue is good for batting in early overs. The track has a good amount of pace and bounce which allows the batsmen for good cricketing shorts but this ground also has big boundaries which can be a plus point for the bowlers. A score of 190 plus seems to be a par score. WEATHER REPORT FOR TODAY’S MATCH The weather forecast for Mumbai is good for this cricket match. There are almost no chances of rain in the region and we are hopeful that we will have a full match to enjoy. PROBABLE PLAYING XIS FOR MUMBAI INDIANS VS RAJASTHAN ROYALS MUMBAI INDIANS Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan (wk),  Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Kieron Pollard, Tim David, Daniel Sams, Murugan Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Tymal Mills, Basil Thampi RAJASTHAN ROYALS Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Devdutt Padikkal, Sanju Samson (c & wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, James Neesham, Yuzvendra Chahal, Trent Boult, Prasidh Krishna PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS PROBABLE BEST BATTER OF THE MATCH: JOS BUTTLER Jos Buttler had a pretty good start to this year’s IPL 2022 campaign with a 28-ball 35 in the previous game against the Sunrisers Hyderabad, however, couldn’t capitalize on it and get a big score. The right-hander hit three sixes and three fours in his short stay at the crease and will be hoping to make it big against the Mumbai Indians, a franchise that he has done well against in the past. PROBABLE BEST BOWLER OF THE MATCH: YUZVENDRA CHAHAL Yuzvendra Chahal was one of the stars in the victory against the Sunrisers Hyderabad as the leg spinner picked up 3 for 22 in his four-over spell and dented the run chase for his opponent side. The 31-year-old is likely to have a big impact on the Royals in the upcoming fixture as well given that he has had a pretty good track record against the big hitters like Kieron Pollard. Chahal has looked to have gotten back his rhythm which he missed in the first phase of IPL 2021. WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH TEAMS Rajasthan Royals is overall a strong team when we compare with Mumbai Indians. They have the best players in the t20 format of cricket. The batting order of this team is also strong and some well-known hitters of the t20 format are part of the squad of this team, so the winning chances of today’s match for Rajasthan Royals have been increased. The equation of who will win today’s cricket match prediction and who will win the cricket match today is mentioned as under. Rajasthan Royals have a 54% chance to win this match Mumbai Indians have a 46% chance to win this match
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter