IPL 2022 League Edition Gujarat Titans vs Punjab Kings Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

May 3, 2022

Spread the love
No one of us can say that Gujarat Titans (GT) is playing in the IPL for the first time but it is true. They had been professional in all departments of the game and even in management. Gujarat is the best-performing team in IPL 2022 right now. They had played nine matches with eight wins to their name. They have lost just one match and are leading the points table. The most recent win of GT came against Royal Challengers Bangalore. On the other side, PBKS performed well in some opening matches but soon they lost the momentum. They had also played nine matches with just four wins to their name. They have lost five matches and are situated at the eighth position on the table. They were beaten by LSG in the most recent match. GUJARAT TITANS REVIEWS GT had played in IPL like a fully professional team. They had been just superb in almost every department of the game. The bowling department of Gujarat had been just outstanding. Mohammad Shami, Lockie Ferguson, Rashid Khan, Alzarri Joseph, and Pradeep Sangwan are leading the bowling department of GT and we don’t think that they need to make some changes in the bowling department. Sangwan was the most successful bowler in the previous match against RCB with two wickets to his name in four overs against just 19 runs. Rashid Khan picked one wicket in four overs while he was charged for 29 runs. Lockie Ferguson, Mohammad Shami, and Alzarri Joseph were the other bowlers who picked one wicket each. Alzarri Joseph was the most expensive bowler who leaked 42 runs in four overs. Gujarat has some best bowlers in the bench but we don’t think that they should make any changes in the bowling department. The batting order of Gujarat had played a major role in every win for the team. They had chased big totals in some previous matches. The most recent match against Bangalore was a key witness of it where they chased the target of 171 runs in 19.3 overs. Wriddhiman Saha and Shubman Gill are opening the batting inning for GT and have provided a good opening start in almost every match. They had a partnership of 51 runs for the first wicket in the previous match against RCB. Sai Sudharsan, Hardik Pandya, David Miller, and Rahul Tewatia are handling the middle and lower batting order. Almost all the batters of GT had been good in IPL 2022. Rahul Tewatia was the highest run-scorer in the previous match with 43 runs to his name on 25 balls with the help of five boundaries and two huge sixes. He remained not out till the chase of the target. David Miller was the other batter who had an outstanding performance with the bat. He also remained not out after scoring 39 runs on 24 balls and smashed four boundaries and one huge six during his inning. Shubman Gill scored 31 runs while Wriddhiman Saha had 29 runs to his name. PUNJAB KINGS REVIEWS Punjab had not been as impressive in IPL 2022 as many of us were expecting. They are struggling with the batting and bowling departments. The batting order of PBKS had been under pressure in IPL 2022. The bowling department of Punjab was good in the previous match against Lucknow but they lost the match due to the worst batting performance. Arshdeep Singh, Rahul Chahar, Liam Livingstone, Rishi Dhawan, Sandeep Sharma, and Kagiso Rabada are leading the bowling department. They also have some good bowlers on the bench and we think that they should use it. They still have chances to qualify for the playoffs but for that, they need to give an extraordinary performance in each department of the game. Rabada was the most successful bowler in the previous match with four wickets to his name in four overs against 38 runs. Rahul Chahar was the other bowler who performed well and picked two wickets in four overs while he was charged for 30 runs. Sandeep Sharma had one wicket to his name in the previous match against LSG while Arshdeep Singh, Rishi Dhawan, and Liam Livingstone were the bowlers who failed to pick any wicket. The batting order of PBKS almost collapsed in the previous match. They managed to score 133 runs in 20 overs while chasing the target of 154 runs. We think that they need to make some key changes in the batting order and should test the bench strength in this match. Mayank Agarwal and Shikhar Dhawan are opening the batting innings for Punjab but have not provided a good start to the rest of the team. Jonny Bairstow, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma, and Rishi Dhawan are available to handle the middle and lower batting order. Jonny Bairstow was the highest run-scorer in the previous match against Lucknow with 32 runs to his name on 28 balls with the help of five boundaries. Mayank Agarwal scored 25 runs while Rishi Dhawan remained not out after scoring 21 runs. MATCH DETAILS: Venue: Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai Date & Time: May 3, 7:30 PM IST TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss is going to play an important part in the result of every match of IPL 2022 as we had observed in the previous matches. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss will elect to field first as defending had been difficult in the most recent matches of IPL. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The 48th match of IPL T20, 2022 is going to be held at the Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai. We had observed in the previous matches played here that the pitch here at this venue is good for batting in early overs. The track has a good amount of pace and bounce which allows the batsmen to score good cricketing shots but this ground also has big boundaries which can be a plus point for the bowlers. A score of 190 plus seems to be a par score. WEATHER REPORT FOR TODAY’S MATCH The weather forecast for Mumbai is good for this cricket match. There are almost no chances of rain in the region and we are hopeful that we will have a full match to enjoy. PROBABLE PLAYING XI FOR GT VS PBKS GUJARAT TITANS Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Shubman Gill, Sai Sudharsan, Hardik Pandya (c), David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Pradeep Sangwan Rashid Khan, Lockie Ferguson, Mohammed Shami, Alzarri Joseph PUNJAB KINGS Mayank Agarwal (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Rishi Dhawan, Kagiso Rabada Rahul Chahar, Sandeep Sharma, Arshdeep Singh PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS PROBABLE THE BEST BATTER OF THE MATCH HARDIK PANDYA: GT skipper Hardik Pandya has been in some excellent batting form in IPL 2022. The right-handed batter is currently positioned fourth in the most runs list with 308 runs in eight matches and averaging 51.33. After failing in the last match, Pandya will want to rectify his mistakes and play another vital knock for the new entrants. PROBABLE THE BEST BOWLER OF THE MATCH ARSHDEEP SINGH: Left-arm pacer Arshdeep Singh does not have much to show in the wickets column. However, his death bowling has been exceptional in the tournament so far. Arshdeep has been very accurate with his line and lengths and will want to replicate his performances as compared to the previous match. WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH TEAMS Gujarat Titans is overall a strong team when we compare with Punjab Kings. They have the best players in the t20 format of cricket. The batting order of this team is also strong and some well-known hitters of the t20 format are part of the squad of this team, so the winning chances of today’s match for Gujarat Titans have been increased. The equation of who will win today’s cricket match prediction and who will win the cricket match today is mentioned as under. Gujarat Titans have a 58% chance to win this match. Punjab Kings have a 42% chance to win this match.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter