loader image

Today's Latest Sports News in the Philippines | MCW Sports

Indian Premier League 2022 Kolkata Knight Riders vs Punjab Kings Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

Apr 1, 2022

Kolkata Knight Riders had a kick start to this edition of IPL and won their very first match against the defenders, CSK but they failed to continue the winning momentum soon and had lost the next match against Bangalore. On the other hand, Punjab Kings had a good start and won their opening match against Royal Challengers Bangalore with a handsome margin of five wickets. This match is going to be very interesting as both teams are equal in strength. You can also get the best and legit odds for the match and bet as you enjoy the game. KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS REVIEWS The most recent match of Riders against RCB was sensational which they lost in the last over. The batting order of Kolkata is strong and is filled with the batters like Venkatesh Iyer, Sunil Narine, Shreyas Iyer, Andre Russell, and Rahane but they could manage to score just 128 runs and their full team came back to the pavilion in 18.5 overs. Russell was the highest run-scorer with 25 runs to his name. We are not saying that they have a weaker batting lineup but they need to play with patience and especially their top order has to spend some time on the wicket. We think that the team management of the KK Riders will make some changes in the playing eleven for this match as this is just the beginning and they have to test their bench strength. The bowling department of KKR performed well but they could not defend a low target on the board. Tim Southee proved the most successful bowler from their side with three wickets to his name in his four overs bowled out against 20 runs. Umesh Yadav picked two wickets while Sunil Narine and Varun Chakravarthy picked one wicket each. PUNJAB KINGS REVIEWS Punjab Kings made some smart moves in IPL auctions 2022 and we saw the result in the first match against the strong team of this IPL edition, Royal Challengers Bangalore especially their batting order. The performance of their bowling unit was disappointing and they leaked 205 runs. They have the best bowlers in the T20 format like Rahul Chahar, Odean Smith, Arshdeep Singh, Sandeep Sharma, and Harpreet Brar. They also used Liam Livingstone as a bowler. Arshdeep Singh and Rahul Chahar picked one wicket each while the rest of the bowling department remained wicket-less. The batting order of Punjab Kings is average but the way how they performed in their first match was just outstanding. They converted an impossible target into possible and chased a big target of 206 runs with six balls remaining. We are not talking about individual performance as almost all batters from their side scored runs. Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Shikhar Dhawan scored 43 runs each while the captain, Mayank Agarwal scored 32 runs with the help of two boundaries and the same huge sixes. Odean Smith smashed 25 runs on just eight balls. MATCH DETAILS: Match: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Punjab Kings, Match 8, IPL 2022 Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai Date & Time: April 1, 7:30 PM IS TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss is going to play an important part in the result of every match of IPL T20 as we had observed in the previous editions. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss will elect to field first as defending had been difficult in the most recent matches of IPL. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The 8th match of IPL T20, 2022 is going to be held at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. We had observed in the previous matches played here that the pitch here at this venue is good for batting in early overs. The track has a good amount of pace and bounce which allows the batsmen for good cricketing shots but this ground also has big boundaries which can be a plus point for the bowlers. A score of 190 plus seems to be a par score. WEATHER REPORT FOR TODAY’S MATCH The weather forecast for Mumbai is good for this cricket match. There are almost no chances of rain in the region and we are hopeful that we will have a full match to enjoy. PROBABLE PLAYING XIS FOR KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS VS PUNJAB KINGS KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS Ajinkya Rahane, Venkatesh Iyer, Nitish Rana, Shreyas Iyer (c), Sam Billings, Sheldon Jackson (wk), Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Varun Chakaravarthy PUNJAB KINGS Mayank Agarwal (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Liam Livingstone, Bhanuka Rajapaksa (wk), Shahrukh Khan, Odean Smith, Raj Bawa, Arshdeep Singh, Harpreet Brar, Sandeep Sharma, Rahul Chahar PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS: SHIKHAR DHAWAN Shikhar Dhawan showed a lot of promise donning the Punjab jersey for the very first time during the opening clash against RCB last weekend. He scored a blistering 43 runs off 29 deliveries, including five fours and a six at a strike rate of 148.3. The southpaw was also involved in a 71-run opening stand with skipper Mayank Agarwal. The duo would yet again be expected to come out all guns blazing against the Kolkata-based franchise, but more importantly, all eyes will be on Dhawan as the franchise will be hoping for him to score big this time around. PROBABLE BEST BOWLER OF THE MATCH: UMESH YADAV Umesh Yadav has been instrumental with the new ball in hand in the last two games. The senior fast bowler has registered four scalps to his name so far and has been very economical as well. The Vidarbha pacer had picked up the key wickets of opener Anuj Rawat and Virat Kohli during KKR’s last encounter against RCB and tried his level best to keep the former champions in the contest who were defending a low total of 128. Yadav would be gunning for more wickets when Kolkata locked horns with their 2014 final opponents on April 1. At the same time, he would also be hoping to make an impact on the death. WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH TEAMS Punjab Kings is overall a strong team when we compare it with Kolkata Knight Riders. They have the best players in the t20 format of cricket. The batting order of this team is also strong and some well-known hitters of the t20 format are part of the squad of this team, so the winning chances of today’s match for Punjab Kings have been increased. The equation of who will win today’s cricket match prediction and who will win the cricket match today is mentioned as under. Punjab Kings have a 54% chance to win this match. Kolkata Knight Riders have a 46% chance to win this match.

Related Posts

Premier League 2022-23: Best bets, Predictions and Futures

Premier League 2022-23: Best bets, Predictions and Futures

The Premier League season begins on August 5, meaning teams have wrapped up preseason tours and are looking towards the start of the new campaign. Everyone starts from scratch, but certain teams are no doubt ahead of the pack concerning their title chances. Manchester...

MCW Sports Pasig City MPBL partnership
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe
Subscribe