- Teams in CPL
The Caribbean Premier League is contested by six teams. They are:
- Jamaica Tallawahs
- Barbados Tridents
- Trinbago Knight Riders
- St. Lucia Zouks
- Guyana Amazon Warriors
- St. Kitts And Nevis Patriots
- Most runs in CPL When it comes to runs, Lendl Simmons who is currently playing for the Trinbago Knight Raiders has the highest scores. He has scored a total of 2,436 runs in all the 82 matches that he has played.
- The best individual score in CPL A 132 not out of the 72 balls that were scored by Brandon King Is the best. He smashed around the park in an inning and scored it with a strike rate of 183.33 when playing against the Barbados Tridents. He has a record of eleven sixes and a total of ten fours which is the maximum in CPL scored in a single inning.
- Most Hundred in CPL Dwayne Smith and Chris Gayle have both hit 4 centuries in the CPL with only one other batsman having scored a 2. Dwayne was the first to hit his 4th ton before Chris. He has 5 half-centuries then Chis too. While Dwayne has a score of 13, Chris has eight doubles scored over 50.
- Most wickets haul in CPL The most wickets haul in CPL is 5. This is claimed by 8 bowlers with David Weise the first one to claim these five-wicket hauls in an inning. The others are Raymond Reifer, Shakib AL Hasan, Fidel Edwards, Sohail Tanvir, DJ Bravo, and Hayden Walsh.
- Best Economies in CPL Sunil Narine has the best economy in CPL and a rate of 5.52. He has played 71 matches for Guyana Amazon Warriors and Trinbago and has a total of 72 wickets and an average of 21.40. He also has scored a total of 1541 runs in all 279.1 overs.
- Best batting in CPL Trinbago Knight Raider’s Colin Munro has an average of 40.68 which is the best in all of the Caribbean Premier League. He has a total score of 1546 runs in all the 46 matches played. He also claims 12 half-centuries and a century to himself.
- Bests strike rate in CPL With a strike rate of 181.18, Andre Russell is the leading person in strike rates in CPL. He also has scored 337 runs in 16 matches played with an average of 37.4.
The Premier League season begins on August 5, meaning teams have wrapped up preseason tours and are looking towards the start of the new campaign. Everyone starts from scratch, but certain teams are no doubt ahead of the pack concerning their title chances. Manchester...