Big Bash Tournament 2021-22 League Edition Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers Team News, Match Preview, Probable Playing XI’s and the Match Prediction

Dec 11, 2021

Spread the love
Preview The Perth Scorchers take on the Adelaide Strikers in match 9 of the Big Bash League at the Sydney Showground Stadium, on December 11. The Scorchers have made a good start to their tournament, having beaten the Brisbane Heat in their tournament-opener by 6 runs. Batting first, the Scorchers registered a defendable 157-run total courtesy of Kurtis Patterson’s 30-ball 55. Cameron Bancroft (21-ball 25), Laurie Evans (33-ball 33), and Ashton Turner (19-ball 28) made notable contributions with the bat in hand. Matthew Kelly (4/28) and Andrew Tye (2/32) were the stars with the ball in hand. Meanwhile, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, and Ashton Agar each claimed one wicket and derailed the Heat’s chase. The Strikers have won one out of their two matches in the tournament so far. They lost their tournament-opener to the Melbourne Renegades by two runs but redeemed themselves in the reverse fixture, handing the Renegades a 49-run defeat. Peter Siddle, George Garton, and Daniel Worrall played crucial roles with the ball in hand and provided timely breakthroughs to their team. Harry Nielsen, Matthew Short, and Daniel Drew played crucial knocks and ensured that the Strikers remained in the contest for the majority of the match. In the reverse fixture, Matthew Short (17-ball 32) and Jonathan Wells ( 30-ball 37) were the stars with the bat in hand. Rashid Khan (7-ball 13) and George Garton (11-ball 19) played important cameos and ensured that their team reached a defendable 149-run total. Wes Agar (3/17), Rashid Khan (2/17), and Daniel Worrall (2/18) were the stars with the ball in hand. George Garton and Peter Siddle each claimed a wicket and ensured timely breakthroughs for their side. Perth Scorchers and Adelaide Strikers are set to lock horns in Match No.9 of the Big Bash League 2021-22 at the Perth Stadium in Perth. The Strikers felt the absence of two of their key stars – Travis Head and Alex Carey – in their two-run defeat at the hands of Kane Richardson’s Melbourne Renegades. However, they bounced back strongly to beat the same opponent by 49 runs in Adelaide on Friday. The Scorchers, on the other hand, began with a six-run win over Brisbane Heat. The lower order batters of the Heat gave them a run for their money, but the Scorchers held their nerves under pressure. MATCH DETAILS: Match – Perth Scorchers vs Adelaide Strikers – Match 9 Venue – Perth Stadium, Perth Time – 04:00 PM IST, 10:30 AM GMT PITCH REPORT  The pitch at the venue is mostly a sporting one and another close match seems to be on the cards. Chasing may not be an easy task, especially if the target is above the 150-run mark. Batting first and putting runs on the board should be the way forward. VENUE DETAILS AND STATS: Location: Burswood, Perth State: Western Australia Country: Australia Establish: 2018 Capacity: 65,000 Owner: Government of Western Australia Operator: Venues Live Home Teams: Western Australia cricket team, Perth Scorchers Ends Name: Member’s End, Langer Stand End Time Zone: UTC +8:00 WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY MATCH: Our prediction to winning chances of today match is mentioned as under: PERTH SCORCHERS HAS A 52% CHANCE TO WIN THIS MATCH. ADELAIDE STRIKERS HAS A 48% CHANCE TO WIN THIS MATCH. PERTH SCORCHERS VS ADELAIDE STRIKERS WEATHER REPORT Overcast conditions are expected to greet both sides at the venue. Temperatures are expected to range between 14 and 20 degrees Celsius. Rain interruptions are highly unlikely throughout the day. Maximum temperature: 22°c Minimum temperature: 18°c Rain: 0.0 mm Cloud: 75% Humidity 53% Wind speed: 24 km/h. Average first innings score – 157 (1 BBL 2021-22 match in Perth) Record of chasing teams – Won- 0, Lost- 1, N/R- 0 PROBABLE PLAYING XIS PERTH SCORCHERS PREDICTED XI: 
  • Colin Munro
  • Cameron Bancroft (wk)
  • Kurtis Patterson
  • Laurie Evans
  • Ashton Turner (c)
  • Aaron Hardie
  • Ashton Agar
  • Andrew Tye
  • Matthew Kelly
  • Jason Behrendorff
  • Peter Hatzoglou
  • Jake Weatherald
  • Matthew Short
  • Harry Nielsen (wk)
  • Jonathan Wells
  • Ryan Gibson
  • Daniel Drew
  • George Garton
  • Rashid Khan
  • Daniel Worrall
  • Wes Agar
  • Peter Siddle (c)
PERTH SCORCHERS VS ADELAIDE STRIKERS HEAD-TO-HEAD OVERALL: Matches – 18 Perth Scorchers – 9 Adelaide Strikers – 9 N/R – 0 AT ADELAIDE OVAL: Matches – 2 Perth Scorchers – 1 Adelaide Strikers– 1 N/R – 0 PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS MATTHEW SHORT- ADELAIDE STRIKERS Matthew Short took the Strikers off to decent starts in their first two matches of the BBL. In two matches, the right-hander has notched 61 runs at an average of 30.50 and a strike rate of 174.28. While he got 29 against the Renegades, he scored 32 versus the same opponent in the other game. He will be looking to get a big score under his belt. DANIEL WORRALL- ADELAIDE STRIKERS Daniel Worrall has been the standout bowler for the Strikers in the ongoing edition of the BBL. The right-arm pacer has picked up four wickets at a stupendous economy rate of 5.73. In the first game, he picked up two wickets for 26 runs. In the next match, the speedster accounted for two scalps. Worrall is again expected to play a key role for the Strikers in the next game. COLIN MUNRO TO SET THE TONE AT THE TOP OF THE ORDER The New Zealand opening batsman Colin Munro was overlooked by the Kiwis for the recently concluded ICC World T20 despite his consistent performances throughout the year. The left-handed batsman had a wonderful season last time around as he finished being the fifth-highest run-scorer of the 10th edition of the BBL. In 16 matches and 15 innings, Munro scored 443 runs at an average of 31.64. He was also the fifth-highest run-getter in the Caribbean Premier League 2021 season for Trinbago Knight Riders. There he scored 267 runs in 11 matches at an average of almost 30.00. Overall, this Black Caps entertainer has played a whopping 312 T20 matches and has piled on 7678 runs at an average of 29. He has played three matches at the Perth Stadium and has scored 152 runs at an impressive average of 50.67. Part Match is likely to offer the best of odds for Colin Munro to set the tone at the top of the order from the SCO vs STR match prediction. CAMERON BANCROFT TO ADD TO MUNRO’S ANTICS The Australian wicket-keeper batsman Cameron Bancroft is the next pick and once again he is from the Scorchers. This is solely because none of the Strikers’ batters have performed consistently. Bancroft, on the other hand, scored 25 runs from 21 balls in the opening game for the Scorchers against Brisbane Heat. In 8 matches last year, the right-handed batsman scored 156 runs at an average of 39.00 in the previous season of the Big Bash League. Overall, in 72 matches, the Australian has scored 1554 runs at a very decent average of 31.28. In the last edition of the Vitality Blast T20, the right-hander scored 253 runs at an average of 25.72. While playing for the Scorchers, Bancroft has maintained an average of 33.24. Part Match should offer the best of odds for Cameron Bancroft to score a few runs at the top of the order alongside Munro from the SCO vs STR match prediction. ASHTON TURNER TO SCORE A FEW USEFUL RUNS Next up, I have the Perth Scorchers skipper Ashton Turner for you guys to bet on. Turner, according to me, is quite an underrated finisher of white-ball cricket. He showed his class in Mohali a few years ago against India when he helped Australia to a commanding win. Turner is now at the helm of this Scorcher’s side and he turned up well in the first game of the season. The destructive right-handed batsman scored 28 quick runs from just 19 balls in that game. In 13 innings in the previous season of the Big Bash League, Turner scored 239 runs at a useful average of 22.80. Playing for Perth Scorchers, Turner has maintained a batting average of 21.84. However, at this particular venue, Turner shoots that average up to 26.84. Part Match should be offering the best odds for Ashton Turner to score a few useful runs at the depth from the SCO vs STR match prediction. PERTH SCORCHERS VS ADELAIDE STRIKERS MATCH PREDICTION The Perth Scorchers are a balanced outfit and with local talent among their ranks, their dependence on star players is considerably less. The Scorchers are favorites to finish on top in this encounter. The Adelaide Strikers need to bowl well if they are to beat the Scorchers. Today’s match prediction: Adelaide Strikers to win the match.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter