PREVIEWPerth Scorchers and Melbourne Stars are set to lock horns in Match No.27 of the Big Bash League 2021-22 at The Docklands Stadium in Melbourne on Thursday, December 30. The Scorchers, led by Ashton Turner, are comfortably placed on top of the points table with a decent net run rate of 1.188.On Tuesday, the Scorchers tasted their maiden loss this season after the Sydney Thunder beat them by 34 runs at the Manuka Oval. The Stars have blown a tad hot and cold, and hence, are placed fifth in the table. They will be going into the next game on the back of a 20-run victory over the Brisbane Heat. Melbourne Stars are placed at the 4th spot in the Big Bash League 2021-22 points table with 3 wins and 3 losses from their 6 matches of the league. The team has 10 points.Hilton Cartwright is the top run-scorer for Melbourne Stars with 203 runs at a strike rate of 151. He has struck 10 fours and 14 sixes. Glenn Maxwell has also made 177 runs at a strike rate of 147.BL Couch has been the best bowler for Melbourne Stars and has picked up 10 wickets while bowling at an average of 17 and an economy rate of 8.70.Perth Scorchers are placed at the top spot in the Big Bash League 2021-22 points table with wins from their 6 matches of the league. The team has 21 points.Mitchell Marsh is the top run-scorer for Perth Scorchers with 249 runs at a strike rate of 149. He has struck 14 fours and 12 sixes. Colin Munro has also made 204 runs at a strike rate of 140.Andrew Tye has been the best bowler for Perth Scorchers and has picked up 10 wickets while bowling at an average of 16 and an economy rate of 7.66.MATCH DETAILSMatch – Perth Scorchers vs. Melbourne Stars – Match 27Venue – Docklands Stadium, MelbourneTime – 01:45 PM IST, 08:15 AM GMTWhere to watch live – Sony Sports Network, Sony LIVPITCH REPORT The pitch at the Docklands Stadium has been a fairly reasonable one for batting. The bowlers may not return empty-handed either. The chasing teams have found it simpler and hence, batting second should be the way forward for both sides.
PS VS MS TODAY MATCH WEATHER FORECAST:
Weather of Perth will be sunny. Temperature will ranging between 7 to 26 degrees Celsius. The sky will be clear. There is no chances of rain forecast. Others details regarding weather are listed below:Maximum temperature: 26°cMinimum temperature: 7°cRain: 0.0 mmCloud: 5%Humidity 82%Wind speed: 6 km/h.PROBABLE XISPERTH SCORCHERSPROBABLE XI:
Josh Inglis (wk)
Ashton Turner (c)
MELBOURNE STARSPROBABLE XI:
Joe Clarke (wk)
Glenn Maxwell (c)
PERTH SCORCHERS VS MELBOURNE STARS HEAD-TO-HEADOVERALLMatches- 18, Perth Scorchers – 9, Melbourne Stars – 8, N/R- 1PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERSMITCHELL MARSH- PERTH SCORCHERSMitchell Marsh has been in jaw-dropping form in the ongoing edition of the BBL. In five matches, the right-hander has scored 255 runs at an average of 85 and a strike rate of 144.06. Having scored one century and as many fifties, Marsh has looked ominous. He has also picked up four wickets, making him a decent all-round pick.ASHTON AGAR- PERTH SCORCHERSAshton Agar has pretty much been the standout bowler for the Scorchers in the ongoing edition of the T20 tournament. In seven matches, the left-arm spinner has picked up 10 wickets at an excellent economy rate of 7.33. Agar is also no mug with the bat in hand, having scored 44 runs with a top score of an unbeaten 30.
TOP PICKS – BATTERS
Colin Munro is the second batsman from Perth Scorchers who has crossed the 200 run-mark in this tournament. He is the third-highest run-getter in this tournament, having scored 268 runs in seven matches at an average of 67 and has the best score of unbeaten 114.Hilton Cartwright is in decent form with the bat and is scoring valuable runs in the middle order for Melbourne Stars. He has featured in 6 matches where he scored 203 runs at an average of well above 40 and has a fabulous strike rate of 152.49.
TOP PICKS – ALL-ROUNDERS
Mitchell Marsh is carrying his T20 World Cup form into this tournament. After featuring in five matches, the right-hander has amassed 255 runs at an average of 85 and has also scalped 4 wickets to his name.The West Indian powerhouse, Andre Russell is yet to show his firepower to the fullest in this tournament. The right-handed all-rounder has scored 83 runs in 5 matches and picked up 3 wickets with the ball.
TOP PICKS – BOWLERS
Andrew Tye will be a good choice for your fantasy teams. He provides the breakthrough at regular intervals and has scalped 11 wickets, the third-highest in this tournament.Brody Couch is expected to lead the bowling attack in the upcoming match for Melbourne Stars. He has scalped 10 wickets in this tournament after getting featured in six games.
TOP PICKS – WICKETKEEPERS
Joe Clarke has looked in fabulous form in his last encounter against Brisbane Heat. He smashed 85 runs from 44 balls with the help of 7 fours and 5 sixes. He is a must-pick player for your fantasy teams
VENUE DETAILS AND STATS:
Location: Burswood, Perth
State: Western Australia
Owner: Government of Western Australia
Operator: Venues Live
Home Teams: Western Australia cricket team, Perth Scorchers
Ends Name: Member’s End, Langer Stand End
Time Zone: UTC +8:00
Flood Lights: Yes
WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY MATCH:
Our predict to winning chances of today match is mentioned as under:Perth Scorchers has a 52% chance to win this matchMelbourne Stars has a 48% chances to win this matchTODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION: PERTH SCORCHERS TO WIN THE MATCH.
The Premier League season begins on August 5, meaning teams have wrapped up preseason tours and are looking towards the start of the new campaign. Everyone starts from scratch, but certain teams are no doubt ahead of the pack concerning their title chances. Manchester...
Tournament: Australia tour of Sri Lanka, 2022.Date: July 08, 2022Format: Test matchVenue: Galle International Stadium, Galle, Sri Lanka.Time: 04:30 SL VS AUS MATCH PREVIEWS Australia, led by Pat Cummins, started the series on an impressive note after winning the...
West Indies are back playing the format they love the most and even though they are without some of their vintage stars of the format, they do appear to be a formidable unit, at least in the shortest format of the game. They have started their limited-overs series...