Big Bash League 2021-2022 Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunders Match Details, Team News, Probable Playing Xis and the Match Prediction

Jan 15, 2022

Spread the love
Sydney Sixers and Sydney Thunder are both having an excellent Big Bash season. At the time of the writing, Sydney Sixers sit in third place with seven wins from eleven matches while Sydney Thunder has eight wins from twelve matches. The BBL format is such that every position has a certain advantage and so these two teams will be giving everything to try and secure that second place. The cricket betting sites have given very similar odds to both teams and it looks like Sydney Sixers are the slight favorites on all of them. Match prediction and cricket betting tips for Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder BBL 2021-22. The match is going to be played at the Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney on the 15th of January 2022.Sydney Thunder are placed at the 2nd spot in the Big Bash League 2021-22 points table with 8 wins and 3 losses from their 11 matches of the league. The team has 30 points. Jason Sangha is the top run-scorer for Sydney Thunder with 329 runs at a strike rate of 132. He has struck 25 fours and 11 sixes. M Gilkes has also made 286 runs at a strike rate of 135.Daniel Sams has been the best bowler for Sydney Thunder and has picked up 15 wickets while bowling at an average of 21 and an economy rate of 8.28.Sydney Sixers are placed at the 3rd spot in the Big Bash League 2021-22 points table with 7 wins and 3 losses from their 11 matches of the league. The team has 27 points. Josh Philippe is the top run-scorer for Sydney Sixers with 327 runs at a strike rate of 145. He has struck 27 fours and 13 sixes. Moises Henriques has also made 311 runs at a strike rate of 142. H Kerr has been the best bowler for Sydney Sixers and has picked up 17 wickets while bowling at an average of 11 and an economy rate of 6.92. SYDNEY SIXERS VS SYDNEY THUNDERS TEAM PREVIEWS SYDNEY SIXERS Sydney Sixers have lost just three matches in BBL 2021-22 and two of them were against the Perth Scorchers in the last few days. For the most part, the Sydney Sixers have been the team to beat this season and that has been down to an incredible amount of depth in its squad. The batting is led by Josh Philippe and Moises Henriques. It seems that both of them have just dropped a bit in form after their fantastic start but you don’t want to count any of them out just yet. Daniel Hughes, Jack Edwards, and Dan Christian give the Sydney Sixers plenty of batting firepower. The addition of Shadab Khan to the lineup should help lengthen the batting a bit as well. The bowling attack of the Sydney Sixers is sensational. Hayden Kerr is having a breakthrough year, Sean Abbott is always amongst the wickets, and Ben Dawrshius picked up five wickets in the previous match. You still have Shadab Khan, Jackson Bird, and Dan Christian to call upon as needed. SYDNEY THUNDER Sydney Thunder is a team that you do not want to take lightly at all. It matches up very well against the Sydney Sixers and could certainly end up on the winning side. Just like the Sydney Sixers, Sydney Thunder has a very strong bowling attack as well. Mohammad Hasnain, Daniel Sams, Gurinder Sandhu, and Nathan McAndrew format pace bowling unit as good as any in BBL 2021-22. The batting lineup has been affected by the absence of Sam Billings but Alex Hales seems to have top gear and that is a great sign for Thunder moving forward. Matthew Gilkes and Jason Sangha are the only two other ‘genuine’ batsmen in the side and so the pressure is going to be on them to perform in every match. While Oliver Davies, Ben Cutting, and Daniel Sams can all bat very well, neither of them is the most dependable or risk-averse. MATCH DETAILS: Match – Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder – Match 50 Venue – Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney Time – 01:10 PM IST, 07:40 AM GMT SYDNEY SIXERS VS SYDNEY THUNDERS TODAY MATCH WEATHER FORECAST: Weather of Sydney will be mostly cloudy. Temperature will ranging between 22 to 25 degrees Celsius. The sky will be cloudy but there is no chances of rain forecast. Others details regarding weather are listed below: Maximum temperature: 25°c Minimum temperature: 22°c Rain: 0.0 mm Cloud: 67% Humidity 83% Wind speed: 20 km/h. SYDNEY SIXERS VS SYDNEY THUNDERS TODAY MATCH PITCH REPORT & CONDITIONS: The Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney is a surface that assists both departments, and the pitch provides an equal amount of assistance to batters and bowlers. The team that wins the toss will bat first. Spinners can play important role to win the match. VENUE DETAILS AND STATS: Location: Moore Park, Sydney State: New South Wales Country: Australia Establish: 1848 Capacity: 48,600 Owner: Govt. of New South Wales Operator: Sydney Cricket Ground Trust Home Teams: Sydney Sixers (Men & Women), New South Wales cricket team Ends Name: Paddington End, Randwick End Time Zone: UTC +11:00 Flood Lights: Yes SYDNEY SIXERS VS SYDNEY THUNDERS TODAY MATCH PREDICTION: Our predict to winning chances of today match is mentioned as under: Sydney sixers has a 52% chance to win this match Sydney thunder has a 48% chances to win this match PROBABLE XIS SYDNEY SIXERS:
  • Jack Edwards
  • Josh Philippe (wk)
  • Daniel Hughes
  • Moises Henriques (c)
  • Daniel Christian
  • Shadab Khan
  • Sean Abbott
  • Hayden Kerr
  • Ben Dwarshuis
  • Jackson Bird
  • Todd Murphy
  • Matthew Gilkes
  • Alex Hales
  • Jason Sangha (c)
  • Daniel Sams
  • Oliver Davies
  • Ben Cutting
  • Baxter Holt (wk)
  • Nathan McAndrew
  • Gurinder Sandhu
  • Tanveer Sangha
  • Mohammad Hasnain
SYDNEY SIXERS VS SYDNEY THUNDER HEAD-TO-HEAD OVERALL Matches- 20, Sydney Sixers –13, Sydney Thunder – 7, N/R- 0 IN SYDNEY Matches- 8, Sydney Sixers – 6, Sydney Thunder – 2, N/R- 0 PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS JOSH PHILIPPE – SYDNEY SIXERS Josh Philippe has been exceptional for the Sixers in the ongoing edition of the BBL. In 10 innings, the right-hander has notched 327 runs at an average of 36.33 and a strike rate of 145.33. Having hit 27 fours and 13 sixes in the event, the youngster has been at his very best in recent times. HAYDEN KERR – SYDNEY SIXERS Hayden Kerr has been on top of his game in the ongoing edition of the BBL. The youngster has picked up 17 wickets from 11 games at an incredible bowling average of 11.41. He has only given away 168 runs from the 28 overs he has bowled thus far in the tournament. TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION: SYDNEY SIXERS TO WIN.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter