Big Bash 2021-22 League Edition Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Thunder Team News, Match Details Probable Playing XI’s and the Match Prediction

Dec 20, 2021

Spread the love
Preview Brisbane Heat and Sydney Thunder are set to lock horns in Match No.14 of the Big Bash League 2021-22 at The Gabba in Brisbane. The Heat, led by Jimmy Peirson, are languishing at the bottom of the table. After losing to the Thunder and Perth Scorchers, they defeated Melbourne Renegades by five wickets. The Thunder, led by Chris Green, are placed sixth in the points table. After defeating the Heat by seven wickets, they have lost back-to-back games at the hands of Melbourne Stars. A win on Sunday would take them into the top four. Going by history, the Heat have quite a bit of an upper hand. The Brisbane Heat will take on the Sydney Thunder in the 14th match of the Big Bash League 2021 on Sunday, December 19. The Gabba in Brisbane will host this exciting contest. The Heat, led by Jimmy Peirson, are placed seventh in the points table with a net run rate of -0.061. They started their campaign with hefty losses at the hands of the Sydney Thunder and Perth Scorchers. The Heat then bounced back to register their maiden win on December 13 against the Melbourne Renegades. After electing to field first, the Heat did an excellent job as the Renegades only managed to score 140 for the loss of six wickets in their allotted 20 overs. James Bazley was on top of his game as he picked up three wickets and conceded only 28 runs in his quota of four overs. Xavier Bartlett, Liam Guthrie, and Mitchell Swepson picked up one wicket apiece. Barring Mackenzie Harvey, who made an unbeaten 71, none of the Renegades’ batters could make any impact. Thereafter, the Heat successfully chased the target down in 16.5 overs with 19 balls left in their innings. Chris Lynn set the tone in their run-chase, scoring a 15-ball 32 after which Sam Heazlett came to the party. The latter stayed unbeaten on 44 off 29 with the help of one four and three sixes. The Thunder, on the other hand, started their campaign with a resounding seven-wicket win over Peirson’s Heat. But back-to-back losses at the hands of the Melbourne Stars have pushed them back to a large extent. Chris Green and Co. are currently placed sixth in the points table. The Thunder have included England fast bowler Saqib Mahmood in their squad. Mahmood is set to make his BBL debut and is also in with a chance of getting called up for the Ashes. The Thunder will now be looking to secure their second win and get into the top four. MATCH DETAILS: Match – Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Thunder – Match 14 Venue – The Gabba, Brisbane Time – 02:10 PM IST, 08:40 AM GMT SYDNEY THUNDER VS BRISBANE HEAT TODAY MATCH WEATHER FORECAST: The weather in Brisbane will be mostly sunny. The temperature will be ranging between 20 to 29 degrees Celsius. The sky will be cloudy but there are no chances of rain forecast during the match. Other details regarding weather are listed below: Maximum temperature: 29°c Minimum temperature: 20°c Rain: 0.0 mm Cloud: 50% Humidity 49% Wind speed: 9 km/h PITCH REPORT  The Gabba is known for producing decent batting strips. The chasing teams also tend to have a lot of advantages. Hence, batting second should be the way forward. Bowlers may need to work hard to get amongst the wickets. PROBABLE XIS BRISBANE HEAT PREDICTED XI: 
  • Chris Lynn
  • Max Bryant
  • Ben Duckett
  • Sam Heazlett
  • Tom Abell
  • Jimmy Peirson (c & wk)
  • James Bazley
  • Xavier Bartlett
  • Mitchell Swepson
  • Mujeeb Ur Rahman
  • Liam Guthrie
  • Alex Hales
  • Sam Whiteman
  • Matthew Gilkes
  • Sam Billings (wk)
  • Alex Ross
  • Daniel Sams
  • Ben Cutting
  • Nathan McAndrew
  • Chris Green (c)
  • Gurinder Sandhu,
  • Tanveer Sangha
BRISBANE HEAT VS SYDNEY THUNDER HEAD-TO-HEAD OVERALL: Matches – 15 Brisbane Heat – 10 Sydney Thunder – 4 N/R – 1 AT THE GABBA: Matches – 6 Brisbane Heat – 4 Sydney Thunder – 1 N/R – 1 VENUE DETAILS AND STATS: Location: Woolloongabba, Brisbane State: Queensland Country: Australia Establish: 1895 Capacity: 42,000 Owner: Queensland Government Operator: Stadiums Queensland Home Teams: Brisbane Heat, Queensland cricket team Ends Name: Stanley Street End (south), Vulture Street End (north) Time Zone: UTC +10:00 Flood Lights: Yes Website: WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY MATCH: Our prediction to winning chances of today match is mentioned as under: Brisbane Heat has a 52% chance to win this match Sydney Thunder has a 48% chance to win this match SYDNEY THUNDER VS BRISBANE HEAT  WHO WILL WIN TODAY MATCH: Who Will Win today match Sydney Thunder vs Brisbane Heat (ST vs BH) 14th Match of BBL 2021-22 Toss = Brisbane Heat Match = Brisbane Heat AVERAGE FIRST INNINGS SCORE: 00.00 (Last three matches played at the venue). 1st Batting Won: 0 2nd Batting Won: 0 PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS SAM BILLINGS- SYDNEY THUNDER Sam Billings has been a key member of the Thunder lineup for quite some time now. He is currently the leading run-scorer for the Thunder in the ongoing edition of the BBL. In three matches, the right-hander has notched 96 runs at an average of 48 and a strike rate of 111.62. If he gets going, the Heat bowlers could find themselves in trouble. TANVEER SANGHA- SYDNEY THUNDER Tanveer Sangha has come up the ranks since he played for Australia in the 2020 U19 World Cup. He was a genuine wicket-taker for them last season and has continued in the same vein this season as well. In three games this season, the leg-spinner has picked up five wickets at an average of 14.20. His economic rate of 6.45 is also stupendous. TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION: SYDNEY THUNDER TO WIN THE MATCH.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter