Australia vs Sri Lanka Match Preview: ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Super 12 Group 1 Match Previews

Oct 28, 2021

Spread the love
AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA – MATCH PREVIEW Australia was able to devour the five-wicket victory over South Africa to grant themselves a significant confidence boost. This was a comparatively comfortable win made because of Steve Smith and Marcus Stoinis. This victory yet again highlighted the batting art of the Proteas. Meanwhile, Sri Lanka managed an identical five-wicket victory over Bangladesh in their 1st Super twelve game. AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA AUSTRALIA PREVIEW Australia had a mediocre performance in the warmup matches, however, they were able to come back up with a good win over South Africa to boost confidence levels. One of the problems with the team continues to be the shortage of form among openers. This was evident even against South Africa because the middle order performance was able to rescue the team. The bowling department, meanwhile, is settled well, and that they should be able to benefit from the bowler-friendly conditions in Dubai. SRI LANKA After a powerful showing in the qualifying sections, Sri Lanka continued with their form against Bangladesh however the test against Australia will be quite huge. It’s widely expected that Sri Lanka won’t do well against large teams. The bowling section of Sri Lanka might need an enormous role to play during this match because the team is extremely strong in the spinners department with the likes of Maheesh Theekshana and Wanindu Hasaranga. PROBABLE PLAYING SQUADS: AUSTRALIA 
  • Aaron Finch (c)
  • Pat Cummins (VC)
  • Josh Hazlewood
  • Josh Inglis
  • Glenn Maxwell
  • Kane Richardson
  • Mitchell Marsh
  • Steve Smith
  • Mitchell Starc
  • Marcus Stoinis
  • Mitchell Swepson
  • Matthew Wade
  • David Warner
  • Adam Zampa
  • Ashton Agar
  • Dasun Shanaka (c)
  • Dhananjaya de Silva
  • Kusal Perera
  • Dinesh Chandimal
  • Pathum Nissanka
  • Avishka Fernando
  • Bhanuka Rajapaksa
  • Charith Asalanka
  • Wanindu Hasaranga
  • Lahiru Kumara
  • Chamika Karunaratne
  • Dushmantha Chameera
  • Maheesh Theekshana
  • Akila Dananjaya
  • Binura Fernando
AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA MATCH WEATHER FORECAST: The weather in Dubai will be sunny. The temperature will be ranging from between twenty-five to thirty-four degrees Celsius. The sky will be clear and there’s no probability of rain forecast throughout the match. Other details relating to weather are listed below: Maximum temperature: 34°c Minimum temperature: 25°c Rain: 0% Cloud: 3% Humidity: 61% Wind speed: 26 km/h. AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA MATCH PITCH REPORT & CONDITIONS: The pitch at Dubai Cricket stadium is awesome. This pitch is extremely appropriate for both batting and bowling. The team batting second can gain. This pitch will facilitate the Spinners a lot. The team winning the toss should be bowling 1st. VENUE DETAILS AND STATS:
  • Location: Dubai
  • Country: United Arabs Emirates
  • Established: 2009
  • Capacity: 25,000
  • Owner: Dubai Properties
  • Operator: Dubai Sports City
  • Home Teams: UAE, IPL Teams
  • End Names: Dubai Sports City End, Emirates Road End
  • Time Zone: UTC +04:00
  • Flood Lights: Yes
  • Total Matches: sixty-four
  • Matches won while batting first: thirty-four
  • Matches won while bowling first: twenty-nine
  • Average in first Innings: 143
  • Highest Total: 211/3 (Sri Lanka)
  • Lowest Total: 55/10 (West Indies)
  • Highest Run Chased: 183/5 (Afghanistan)
AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORDS Matches Played: sixteen Australia Won: eight Sri Lanka Won: eight Tie: 0 NR: 0 Australia vs Sri Lanka head-to-head records show a fixture that has been heavily dominated by a fair share of the spoils. Australia and Sri Lanka have picked up eight wins each in the sixteen encounters between the 2 groups. It’d be quite hard to come back up with Australia vs Sri Lanka match prediction on the idea of those results alone. AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA MATCH PREDICTION  AUSTRALIA WIN @ 2/5 Australia was able to put aside concerns from the mediocre form throughout the warmup matches to come back up with an awfully strong performance against South Africa. Even though concerns about the opening partnership remain, this Australia vs Sri Lanka prediction will go with a conclusion for Australia to win the match. AUSTRALIA TOP BATSMAN PLAYER – STEVE SMITH @ 7/2 Steve Smith came up with a strong performance against South Africa and he has been doing this for a while now. A dependable ass for Australia, Smith has come back up with over twenty-five runs in his last 3 matches. Since returning from the IPL, Smith has been on a good run of form, and also the middle order can still be the strength for Australia, as has been the case in recent matches. SRI LANKA HIGH BOWLER – WANINDU HASARANGA @ 13/5 Wanindu Hasaranga didn’t devour wickets against Bangladesh, however, he has shown tight form even in the qualification stages. The most impressive performance came against the Netherlands once he picked up 3 wickets. WINNING POSSIBILITIES OF THE MATCH: Australia may be a strong team as compared to Sri Lanka without delay. It’s Expected that Australia can win this match. Our prediction on who will win this match is mentioned as below: Australia has a 51% probability to win this match. Sri Lanka has 49% possibilities to win this match.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter