Australia Tour of Sri Lanka 2022 Edition Australia vs Sri Lanka Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

Jun 7, 2022

Spread the love
Australia is starting the tour of Sri Lanka from June 7th, 2022 where they will play three T20s, 5 ODI matches, and two test matches. Australia has good records while playing against Sri Lanka even in the home venues of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is also facing some crisis in the country as protesters are on the roads against the government and we think that it will have some impact on this cricket event. Australia faced Sri Lanka back in February of this year in a T20 match. SRI LANKA REVIEWS Sri Lanka is an improved team these days, especially in T20 cricket. We don’t think that the environment in Sri Lanka is good for a cricket series. The players of Sri Lanka may also be under pressure due to this crisis. This first T20 match will clear the picture for the next matches. Dasun Shanaka is a regular leader of the T20 team of Sri Lanka and also will be leading the team in this home series against Australia. The batting order of Sri Lanka is good but not as strong as Australia. Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, and Nuwanidu Fernando will be leading the batting order of Sri Lanka with Danushka Gunathilaka and Lahiru Madushanka. Sri Lanka had produced some best bowlers of T20 cricket and they had played in different T20 leagues like IPL, PSL, and Big Bash League. Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Kasun Rajitha, Nuwan Thushara, Matheesha Pathirana, Mahesh Theekshana, Praveen Jayawickrama, and Lakshan Sandakan will be leading the bowling department of Sri Lanka with Charith Asalanka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ramesh Mendis. Bhanuka Rajapaksa is the wicket-keeper batsman of Sri Lanka. Bhanuka Rajapaksa had been good in the recent matches he had played and he is in good batting form. AUSTRALIA REVIEWS Australia is a strong and well-established team in T20 cricket. They will have their full strength available for this series. Aaron Finch is going to lead Australia in this T20 series against Sri Lanka. He will also open the batting inning with Steven Smith or David Warner. They have world-class batting orders on the team. Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, and Marcus Stoinis are available to handle the batting inning with David Warner, Steven Smith, and Aaron Finch. Matthew Wade and Josh Inglis are part of the squad of Australia as wicket-keeper batters. Australia is a strong team when it comes to the bowling department. Josh Hazlewood, Kane Richardson, Mitchell Starc, and Mitchell Swepson are the key bowlers of Australia with Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, and Jhye Richardson. Australia is overall a strong team when we compare it with Sri Lanka and this series is looking one-sided but we think that Sri Lanka will give us a tough time in Australia. You should remember that in the last T20 match that Australia played against Sri Lanka they lost. MATCH DETAILS: Match: Sri Lanka vs Australia, 1st T20I Venue: R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo Date & Time: 7th June at 7:00 PM IST and Local Time SRI LANKA T20 HISTORY Sri Lanka had played a total of 156 T20 matches where they won 69 while opposing teams had won 85 matches. Their two matches ended with no result. AUSTRALIA T20 HISTORY Australia had played 159 T20 matches so far. They had won 84 matches and had lost 72 matches. Their three matches ended with no result. SRI LANKA VS AUSTRALIA T20 HISTORY AND STATS Australia had played 22 matches against Sri Lanka where they had won 13 matches while Sri Lanka had won nine matches. FAVOURITE TEAM IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION According to our match prediction, Australia is the favourite team to win this match. The reasons why Australia is a favourite team in this match, are mentioned below: • Australia is overall a strong team when we compare it with Sri Lanka • The batting order of Australia is very strong and experienced • Australia also has a strong bowling department • Sri Lanka has the advantages of home ground and crowd • Australia has more depth in batting and bowling TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss will play an important role in the decision of each match of this series. As per toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to bat first. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The 1st match of Australia vs Sri Lanka will be played at R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo. The pitch at this stadium is good for batting but is one of the slower pitches in the Caribbean. Run-scoring is not going to be very easy and that could be a good thing for both teams. A total of 170 runs can be a par score. WEATHER REPORT FOR THIS MATCH The weather forecast for Colombo on match day is not very good. Rain is predicted for most of the day and so it looks like we are going to struggle to get a game in. TOP PICKS- BATTERS PATHUM NISSANKA: The top-order batter was the leading run-scorer in the T20I series against Australia, with 184 runs in five innings at an average of 36.80. MITCHELL MARSH: The man-in form delivered impactful knocks for his IPL team, Delhi Capitals. He scored 251 runs in 8 innings at a strike rate of 132.80. In eight innings of BBL 2021/22, he garnered 347 runs, with a top score of 100*. TOP PICKS – ALL-ROUNDERS WANINDU HASARANGA: The finest bowler of the Sri Lanka team was the leading wicket-taker in the T20 World Cup 2021. In the recently concluded IPL, he finished as the second-highest wicket-taker with 26 scalps in 16 matches. GLENN MAXWELL: The swashbuckling batter scored 138 runs in five innings against Sri Lanka in the T20I series earlier this year. Moreover, he was impressive with 301 runs in 13 innings of IPL 2022. TOP PICKS – BOWLERS JOSH HAZLEWOOD: The experienced fast bowler was the best in the series against Sri Lanka, wherein he scalped a total of 8 wickets in 3 matches. In 12 matches of IPL 2022, he had 20 wickets. MAHESH THEEKSHANA: He picked five wickets in as many matches against Australia in February. He continued his fine form to pick up 12 wickets in 9 appearances of IPL 2022 at an economy of 7.46. TOP PICKS – WICKET-KEEPER KUSAL MENDIS: The talented batter will hold the key to steering Sri Lanka finely in this fixture. In 32 T20Is, he has scored 638 runs, with a top score of 79. WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH TEAMS Australia is overall a strong team and they have a lot of experience when it comes to the T20 format of cricket, so the winning chances of today’s match for Australia have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under. Australia has a 60% chance to win this match. Sri Lanka has a 40% chance to win this match.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter