Australia Tour of South Africa 2022 Australia vs South Africa Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

Jun 21, 2022

Spread the love
Sri Lanka has taken a 2-1 lead over Australia in the ODI series and has a great chance of wrapping up proceedings in this next match. Australia is reeling from injuries and is far from full strength at the moment. This is why the odds available for this match are very interesting indeed. Sri Lanka is currently available at most cricket betting sites at 2.75x returns. That is phenomenal value considering it is leading the series and has all the momentum on its side. We think Australia is being overvalued by the market, and that could open up some attractive betting opportunities. Match prediction and cricket betting tips for Sri Lanka vs. Australia 4th ODI 2022. The match is going to be played at the R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, on June 21, 2022. SL VS AUS TEAM PREVIEWS SRI LANKA Sri Lanka was competitive in the T20 series, but it always seemed to be a step behind Australia. In the ODI’s, though, it has really stepped up its game and is pushing Australia to the brink. Had it not been for Glenn Maxwell’s brilliance, Sri Lanka could have won this series 3-0 already. The batting has been led by Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka. Both of them have over 200 runs each in the three ODI’s, easily more than any other batter from any side. There was a slight injury scare for Mendia, but he has been cleared and will be available to play. We think betting on both of them to score runs is the way to go. The problem for Sri Lanka is that the other batters apart from Mendia and Nissanka have struggled in the series. Gunathilaka is not going to play, and so players like Niroshan Dickwella, Charitha Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, and Dasun Shanaka all have to step up. Confidence and momentum are both massive factors in cricket, and currently, both of them are in favour of the Sri Lankan batters. Sri Lanka is also going to be without Wanindu Hasaranga for this next match and will only bring him back for the decider if it comes to that. In his absence, Dunith Wellalage and Jeffrey Vandersay will be the biggest wicket-taking threats. Betting one of them to be the Top Bowler for Sri Lanka in the third match looks like a good option. AUSTRALIA Australia rested Starc and Cummins for the previous match, and it could very well rest Josh Hazelwood for this upcoming match as well unless, of course, it does not see Hazelwood as a part of the Test Series. It is very clear that Australia has its sights set on the Test series. This does not mean that the ODI series is meaningless; however, Australia is not going to rush back its best players just because it faces two must-win matches. For Australia, David Warner has been a bit disappointing considering the kind of form he seemed to be in during the T20s. Maxwell has been the highest run-getter for Australia so far, followed by Aaron Finch, and neither of them has scored more than 150. With Smith out of the series, the batting order looks more vulnerable than the market seems to be expecting. Mitchell Marsh and Labuschagne have been unconvincing so far, and we also think that Alex Carey is not the most dependable. Maxwell and Head are the only two batters we would put some money on to score runs in this match. Australia’s biggest strength is its bowling, but without Zampa, Agar, Starc, Cummins, and possibly Hazelwood, Australia’s bowling has not been able to bully the Sri Lankans like it did in the T20s. Jhye Richardson or Glenn Maxwell would be our picks for the Top Bowler Australia betting market. There is no doubt that Australia is going to come out fighting. It can also win, but at the rate that it is currently being offered, the risk-reward just does not make sense. SRI LANKA VS AUSTRALIA MATCH DETAILS: Match: Sri Lanka vs. Australia, 3rd ODI, Australia tour of Sri Lanka, 2022 Date and Time: June 21, 2022, Tuesday, 02:30 PM IST Venue: R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo SRI LANKA ODI HISTORY Sri Lanka had played a total of 875 ODI matches, where they won 399 while opposing teams had won 433 matches. Their 32 matches ended with no result, and five matches were tied. AUSTRALIA ODI HISTORY Australia has played 965 ODI matches so far. They had won 583 matches and had lost 339 matches. Their 34 matches ended with no result, and nine matches were tied. SRI LANKA VS AUSTRALIA ODI HISTORY AND STATS Australia had played 101 matches against Sri Lanka, where they had won 62 matches while Sri Lanka had won 35 matches. Four matches between these two teams ended with no result. TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss will play an important role in the decision of each match of this series. As per toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to bat first. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The st match of Australia vs. Sri Lanka will be played at R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo. The pitch at this stadium is good for batting but is one of the slower pitches in the Caribbean. Run-scoring is not going to be very easy, and that could actually be a good thing for both teams. A total of 170 runs can be a par score. WEATHER REPORT FOR THIS MATCH The weather forecast for Colombo on match day is not very good. Rain is predicted for most of the day, and so it looks like we are going to struggle to get a game in. FAVOURITE TEAM IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION According to the match prediction, Australia is the favourite team to win this match. The reasons why Australia is a favourite team in this match are mentioned below: PROBABLE PLAYING XI SRI LANKA Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Jeffrey Vandersay, Dushmantha Chameera, Mahesh Theekshana, Dunith Wellalage AUSTRALIA David Warner, Aaron Finch (c), Mitchell Marsh, Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey (wk), Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Jhye Richardson, Matthew Kuhnemann, Josh Hazlewood PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS PROBABLE BEST BATTER OF THE MATCH:  KUSAL MENDIS Sri Lanka’s number three batter Kusal Mendis has had a good run in the series, scoring two unbeaten fifties and a total of 209 with a strike rate of 98.12 in the three matches. His knock of 87 off 85 balls and his partnership of 213 runs with Pathum Nissanka in the third ODI was crucial in their chase. He is expected to shine on the challenging Colombo wicket yet again as he did last time. PROBABLE BEST BOWLER OF THE MATCH:  JOSH HAZLEWOOD Aussie pacer Josh Hazlewood, although he has not been amongst wickets, has been very economical and often sets the tone for the rest of the bowlers in the lineup. He was also one of the best bowlers in the T20I series and has been in good form since the Indian Premier League. The second-ranked ODI bowler has picked up two wickets with an economy rate of just above five runs per over in the series so far. He is expected to deliver for the visitors in a must-win game.Sri Lanka had won two out of three ODI matches played till now • Australia is overall a strong team when we compare it with Sri Lanka • The bowling department of Sri Lanka is back in the good form • The batting order of Australia is in good form • Australia also has a strong bowling department • Sri Lanka has the advantages of home ground and crowd WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH TEAMS Australia is overall a strong team, and they have a lot of experience when it comes to the ODI format of cricket, so the winning chances of today’s match for Australia have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under. Australia has a 54% chance of winning this match. Sri Lanka has a 46% chance of winning this match.
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter