Afghanistan Tour of Zimbabwe 2022 Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe Match Details, Team News, Pitch Report, and the Match Prediction

Jun 11, 2022

Spread the love
Afghanistan had been just outstanding in the ODI series against Zimbabwe and had a clean sweep in the series of three ODI matches. We know that Afghanistan is a very dangerous team when it comes to the shorter format of cricket. They had produced some best players of T20 cricket like Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Karim Janat, and Hazratullah Zazai and these players had participated in all cricket leagues like IPL, Big Bash League, and PSL. Zimbabwe is a weak team in T20 cricket and they will also be under pressure as they had lost the ODI series. Today’s prediction of this match confirms that Afghanistan will win the match quite easily. ZIMBABWE REVIEWS Zimbabwe had faced a whitewash in the home series of three ODI matches and now they are going to face Afghanistan in 3 T20 matches series. The record of Zimbabwe is not very good in T20 cricket and they still need improvements. We think that Zimbabwe will not make any changes in their squad which was part of the ODI series. Craig Ervine is going to lead the side. He is a good batter and will be taking care of the batting order with Dion Myers, Milton Shumba, Ryan Burl, Takudzwanashe Kaitano, Wesley Madhevere, Sikandar Raza, and Innocent Kaia. Regis Chakabva and Clive Madande are the wicket-keeper batters of Zimbabwe and we think that Clive Madande will get a chance to play this match. The bowling department of Zimbabwe is not much stronger when we compare it with Afghanistan. Tendai Chatara, Tanaka Chivanga, Luke Jongwe, Blessing Muzarabani, Ainsley Ndlovu, and Donald Tiripano will be handling the bowling department of Zimbabwe in this T20 series. Blessing Muzarabani is a senior bowler in the squad of Zimbabwe and he has a big responsibility on his shoulders. AFGHANISTAN REVIEWS Afghanistan is a strong and experienced team when they come to the T20 format of cricket. The batting order of this side is very strong which is led by Najibullah Zadran, Darwish Rasooli, Hazratullah Zazai, Ihsanullah Janat, and Usman Ghani. Najibullah Zadran and Hazratullah Zazai are the dangerous batters, especially in the power play overs. If both batters get some time to set on the pitch, they can put a big total on the board which can be very difficult for Zimbabwe to chase. Rahmanullah Gurbaz is the other batter in the squad of Afghanistan who can bat well in the middle and last overs. He is also a wicket-keeper with Afsar Zazai. Afghanistan is a very rich team in the bowling department. They have some well-known bowlers in the T20 squad for this series of three matches against Zimbabwe. We are sure that Afghanistan will use its full strength in this series to set up the squad for ICC T20 World Cup 2022. Azmatullah Omarzai, Fareed Ahmad Malik, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan, and Noor Ahmad will be leading the bowling department with Mohammad Nabi, Nijat Masood, and Sharafuddin Ashraf. Rashid Khan will be the best performer in this match for Afghanistan. We know that he is a good bowler and a hard hitter in the last overs. ZIMBABWE VS AFGHANISTAN MATCH DETAILS: Match: Zimbabwe vs Afghanistan, 1st T20I, Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe, 2022 Date and Time: June 11, 2022, Saturday, 4:30 PM IST Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare. AFGHANISTAN T20 HISTORY AND STATS Zimbabwe had played a total of 91 T20 matches so far. They won 61 matches while other teams won 30 matches ZIMBABWE T20 HISTORY AND STATS Afghanistan had played 101 T20 International matches right now with just 28 wins to their name while they had lost 73 matches. ZIMBABWE VS AFGHANISTAN T20 HISTORY AND STATS Zimbabwe had played 12 T20 matches against Afghanistan where they won just one match while Afghanistan had won 11 matches. TOSS PREDICTION IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION The toss is going to play an important role in the decision of every match of this series. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to bat first. PITCH REPORT AND CONDITIONS The 1st T20 match between Zimbabwe and Afghanistan is going to be played at the Harare Sports Club, Harare. The pitch at this stadium is excellent for batting. The boundaries at this venue are short and will bring the spinners into play. The pitch will continue to be good for batting throughout the match. WEATHER REPORT FOR THIS MATCH The weather forecast in Harare on match day is not very good. There are some chances of rain but that is possible that we may have an interrupted match. ZIMBABWE VS AFGHANISTAN IS PROBABLE XIS ZIMBABWE Sikandar Raza (145) and Innocent Kaia (118) were the top run-getters for Zimbabwe in the ODI series. They are expected to replicate their performance in the T20Is as well. Blessing Muzarabani was their only bright spot with the ball, picking up seven wickets in the series. The hosts need to step up with both bat and ball. PROBABLE XI Innocent Kaia, Regis Chakabva (wk), Craig Ervine (c), Wesley Madhevere, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Ryan Burl, Donald Tiripano, Tendai Chatara, Tanaka Chivanga, Blessing Muzarabani. AFGHANISTAN Rahmat Shah with 198 runs and Ibrahim Zadran with 134 runs were the star performers for Afghanistan with the bat in the ODIs. Mohammad Nabi was the pick of the bowlers with eight wickets while pacers Fazal Haq Farooqi (6) and Fareed Ahmed (5) were also amongst the wickets. PROBABLE XI Rahmatullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Rashid Khan, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik. FAVORITE TEAM IN TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION According to our match prediction, Afghanistan is the favorite team to win this match. Many factors make Afghanistan a favorite team in this match, Some of the key factors are mentioned below:
  • Afghanistan is a strong and experienced team
  • Zimbabwe has the advantages of home ground and conditions
  • Rahmat, Shahidi, and Mohammad Nabi are in good form for Afghanistan
  • Afghanistan has a lot of depth in the batting lineup
  • The bowling unit of Afghanistan is much stronger than in Zimbabwe
  • Afghanistan also had a strong bowling unit and batting order which is in excellent form
WINNING CHANCES OF TODAY’S MATCH FOR THE BOTH SIDES Afghanistan has a strong batting order and bowling unit as compared to ZImbabwe, so the winning chances of Zimbabwe for today’s match have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under. Afghanistan has a 70% chance to win this match Zimbabwe has a 30% chance to win this match
Atlético de Madrid announces Mega Casino World (MCW) as Official Regional Partner
Bundesliga International agrees on a regional partnership with Mega Casino World in Asia
MCW Sports Newsletter subscription
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Newsletter