Salt Lake City Summer League presented by America First Credit Union, a four-team, six-game event hosted by the Utah Jazz, will be held on July 5-7 at Vivint Arena. The participating teams in the round-robin summer showcase in downtown Salt Lake City will be the Jazz, Memphis Grizzlies, Oklahoma City Thunder and Philadelphia 76ers.
The League showcases rookies selected in the NBA Draft competing in their first NBA games, sophomores, select free agents and athletes competing to make NBA and G League regular season rosters.
The NBA officially released the NBA 2K23 Summer League Format Summary
• All 30 NBA teams will participate in the NBA 2K23 Summer League 2022 from July 7-17 in Las Vegas.
• A total of 75 games will be played in the 11-day competition.
• Each team will play a total of five games.
• Each team will play four games from July 7-15.
• The top two teams from their first four games will play in the Championship Game on July 17. Seeding for the Championship Game will be determined by winning percentage, with tiebreakers set forth below.
• The 28 teams not playing in the Championship Game will play a fifth game on either July 16 or 17.
• Consolation games will be determined by various factors, including team rivalries, broadcast interest and other scheduling considerations (e.g., timing of back-to-backs).
1. Two Teams Tied. In the case of a tie in preliminary round records involving only two teams, the following criteria (in order) will be utilized:
• Head-to-head matchup: The team that won the game between the two teams in the preliminary round, if applicable, receives the higher seed.
• Point differential: The team with the greater point differential receives the higher seed. • Random drawing: The higher seed shall be determined by a “coin flip.”
2. More Than Two Teams Tied. In the case of a tie in preliminary round records involving more than two teams, the following criteria (in order) will be utilized:
• Point differential: The team with the greater point differential receives the higher seed.
• Random drawing: The higher seed shall be determined by a “coin flip.”
History of the event
Three-day attendance for the 2019 summer league at Vivint Arena was 29,469. The highest attendance was 33,884 in 2018.
Recent participants in the Salt Lake City Summer League have included Donovan Mitchell, Royce O’Neale and Georges Niang (Utah); Davis Bertans, Dejounte Murray and Derrick White (San Antonio); Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz (Philadelphia); Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown (Boston); Jaren Jackson Jr. (Memphis); and Trae Young and John Collins (Atlanta).